So you can see that I really didn't have a ton of vinyl flooring to paint. Considering the back-breaking and mind-numbing work required in painting the small area of flooring I DID paint, I would never consider painting and stenciling a large area. I have a new found respect for all you crafty people who painted and stenciled entire rooms. Wow! What a lot of work!
|My inspiration! Check out this fab post by Shabby Coast Cottage!|
[Photo by Shabby Coast Cottage]
|TL: Primer | TR: Floor paint|
BL: Tracing stencil | BR: Painting stencil
- Removed drawer under my stove. (mine's not a broiler)
- Cleaned the floor with ammonia and rinsed it well.
- Sanded the floor with 150 grit sandpaper.
- Vacuumed and wiped up all sanding residue.
- Taped off edges, trim, and bottom of fridge.
- Painted on a layer of KLEAN-STRIP EASY LIQUID SANDER.
- Painted on KILZ 2® Latex Primer.
- Painted on BEHR PREMIUM® Porch & Floor Paint--2 coats.
- Traced stencil guidelines with gel pen.
- Stenciled in BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® Semi-Gloss Enamel.--2 coats.