Monday, June 11, 2012

2-in-1 Sewing Challenge Homepage



I have been racking my brain for something new and exciting for July's challenge.  I tried to come up with a theme that would intrigue some of you problem solvers out there.  Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to sew something that can be worn or utilized in multiple ways.  There are many ways to approach this challenge, and I hope you'll be inspired to be innovative and inventive.  


  1. The theme of this challenge is to sew something (garment, home decor, accessory, etc.) that can be transformed into a new look or a new item.  Examples would be anything reversible, tops that transform into skirts, totes that turn into back packs, blankets that fold into pillows, etc.
  2. This is a sewing challenge so machine or hand sewing is required in your entry.
  3. You must make something new especially for this challenge.
  4. By signing up you give me (Rikka, your hostess) permission to re-post photos from your blog.  I may sometimes crop or edit those photos or put them in a collage.
  5. It's not mandatory, but please take a few minutes to get know your fellow participants.  Check out their blogs, facebook pages, pinterest boards, etc.  We're all in this together so let's show some support!


  •  Sign up and submit your entry by July 31, 2012.
  • Voting with take place throughout August, 2012.
  • Winners will be announced in the beginning of September, 2012.

 
  1. Fill out the easy sign-up form so your profile can be displayed at the bottom of this post.
  2. Accept an email invitation to the challenge's Google discussion group.
  3. Become a contributor to the challenge pinterest board.
  4. Promote the challenge through your blog/twitter/facebook etc.
  5. Finish your challenge entry by the deadline.
  6. Make a blog post (I can make one for you if you're not a blogger) about your entry.
  7. Vote once a day for your favorite entry.
  8. The entries with the most votes receive bragging rights and fancy buttons.

2-in-1 Challenge Homepage


2-in-1 Challenge Homepage


 I've started a new Pinterest Board for this challenge.  I'd love to add all the participants as contributors to this board.  It's a quick and easy way to share both images and links and inspiration.  Here some of the boards from previous challenges:



  • Garment Sewing Challenge
  • Solids-Only Tote Challenge
  • Naughty Notions Challenge
  • Typography Challenge


  • My Photo
    Kadie from Texas
    I'm a crafting mamma to 5 fantastic kiddos.  I am looking forward to this new challenge as I enjoyed the last one so much!
    Cameron from Illinois
    I am hoping to create something both amazing and awesome for this dual-purpose challenge!
    Pam from Australia
    I've just retired after 30+ years of Teaching, so for the first time in my life, I can wake up each day and decide how I will spend all the free time that I have. Amazingly, I wonder how I had time to fit in work. The majority of my spare time is spent sewing, blogging about sewing, or outside in my garden.
    Lakshmi from India
    SAHM, Freelance designer, Sewing Maniac!
    Diya from India

    Lover of anything that is DIY. Enthusiastic about sewing , my new hobby venture.
    Also excited to be a part of this sewing challenge..its time to put the creative side of my brain thinking;)
    Gia from Greece
    This challenge is one of particular interest to me.  I love reversible anything really and delight in the little details and hidden surprises that can be found on close inspection.
    Katie from Minnesota
    I am fine tuning my skills as an artist and exploring whatever I can get my hands on.  I live in a cozy home with my boyfriend and two dogs. 
    June from Iowa 
    (now Oregon!)
    ABOUT JUNE....coming soon....
    Lorena from Argentina
    (I'm Pregnant! <3)
    Soy mamá de una niña y un niño.  Me encanta coser, así que espero crear algo original pare este desafío.
    Kat from Oregon
    I love a good challenge almost as much as I love color!  Always on the quest for the original, I'm driven by the smiles and twirls of girls when they wear something I made. And I always like to make fun clothes to wear.
    YOUR FACE ABOUT YOU
    YOUR FACE ABOUT YOU
    YOUR FACE ABOUT YOU
    YOUR FACE ABOUT YOU
    YOUR FACE ABOUT YOU
    YOUR FACE ABOUT YOU
    YOUR FACE ABOUT YOU
    YOUR FACE ABOUT YOU
    YOUR FACE ABOUT YOU
    YOUR FACE ABOUT YOU




    Pin It

    13 comments:

    1. This is going to be a fun one!! Count me in!:)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I think I am going to give myself a pass on this one... moving from Iowa to Oregon in July, suspect I may be a bit busy!!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Count me in!!! I agree with Kadie... this will be fun.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I am so in! I swear you must have popped into my brain for a minute. I saw a pattern review for a tote that is also a backpack, but the pattern is out of print. So I was thinking of how I could make my own design instead of hunting one down online. This is the perfect push!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Ouch! Tennis elbow is flaring up. Wearing a wrist brace. Typing is ridiculously slow. I'm taking a break from computer work for a few days until I heal up. I'll get all the profiles up asap. We've a great turn out for this 2-in-1 challenge so far. Keep on signing up!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Phew! July 1st and profiles are up, finally! Lots of room for more participants....

        Delete
    6. Will have to sit this one out this time around; I'm already up to my eyeballs in sewing projects! Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with though!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Creative challenge.. excited to join you all:)

      ReplyDelete
    8. I'm coming back for this one!
      It sounds great!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Me encanta este desafío! ya estoy con muchos proyectos en mente!

      ReplyDelete
    10. I totally want to do this!!! I am all about multi-look outfits!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Hello! Just want to let you know I will be off the grid until Tuesday night. I'll set up the voting page when I get back. Peace!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Hi Rikka,
      this is my entry:
      http://oneperfectday-accessories-and-bags.blogspot.gr/2012/07/reversible-floral-bucket-bag-purse.html

      I'm posting it here in case my connection dies out before I get a chance to email it to you.....(.I've been having connection problems since yesterday....)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! No-reply commentors don't get to read my witty replies, and that's just sad.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...