Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Scarves Pretending to be Something Else


When I came up the idea of a scarf making challenge, I never dreamed there were so many different kinds of scarves out there.  I am especially fascinated by scarves that are pretending to be some other mundane item.    I suppose you could make any item out of fabric, stretch it's proportions and call it a scarf.  I wonder if there are any knife and fork scarves, or ears of corn scarves, or skyscraper scarves???
From what I've found so far, I wouldn't be surprised.
So, my lovely Ring Your Neck participants, here is a funny list of pretender scarves:
If you're interested in joining us in our scarf-making adventure, go HERE.

Felted Scarf Wool Silk Art scarf nunofelting Pike Fish Gray Spots Mint Coral
This nuno felt pike fish scarf is both bazaar and beautiful.
I found it at an etsy shop called RudmanArt.
[source]


PATTERN: Fleece fox scarf...perfect for that foxy person in your life
This scarf is pretending to be a fox stole.
You can buy the pattern for this fox scarf at
underthemountain's etsy store.
[source]
This scarf  by Sachiko at Tea Rose Home is made from an old cardigan.
Sachiko jokes that this scarf looks like something a forest guardian would wear.
She may be right, but I'd wear it in a heartbeat.
[source and tutorial]
Handmade to Order Flower Fleece Scarf -- Choose Your Color
This fleece scarf is pretending to be a garland of flowers.
Lot's of cutting, but very little sewing....might not be too hard to try.
I found it at swiemann's etsy shop.
[source]
This rainbow scarf has a Velcro pocket in the pot o' gold!
So much fun for any little kiddo.
I found it at Childmade Tutorials.
[source and tutorial]
bacon-scarf.jpg
A bacon scarf!!!!  LOL!!!!
I found this scarf featured on Geekologie.com,
but the source is goes to a broken link.

Unique Dagwood Sandwich Scarf - Repurposed sweaters
Since we're on the subject of food...
Here's a funny Dagwood Sandwich Scarf
by etsy shop thriftysitster.
[source]
Lambswool Green Pencil Scarf
A pencil scarf by saracarr on etsy.
[source]

We all need a bit of fun and whimsy in our lives, don't you think?
We might not all need to wear a bacon scarf to prove it though!
I hope you enjoyed this little post.  I had fun making it.

Happy crafting and big hugs from Montana,

2 comments:

  1. I love the fish scarf, although I would never wear it! Not so sure about the rasher of bacon scarf :)Great finds though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the bacon scarf!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! No-reply commentors don't get to read my witty replies, and that's just sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...