Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tagged.....blogger style!


I've been tagged by Kadie from Seven Alive.  Thanks for thinking of me, Kadie!  I enjoyed answering your questions and hope other bloggers will join in as well.
Photobucket


RULES
**You must post the rules {?!}
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them


Here's the questions Kadie came up with for us:

1)What is the last book you read, or are currently reading? 
     
I'm simultaneously reading Stieg Larsson's Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series and George R. R. Martin's Songs of Fire and Ice series.  
2)What is your all time favorite movie and why?   
  
E.T.  I always loved it.  I've been watching it a couple times a year for most of my life and it never gets old.  
3)Would you rather dress up and go out to eat or stay home?  
Can I say both?  
I love to cook but sometimes it gets old.  It's a nice treat to go out have someone else do all the work.  
4)How much time do you spend on the computer a day?  
Too much time. I'm on the computer for 2-3 hours every week day morning and maybe a couple more hours over the weekend.  

5)What is your favorite city or town, you have visited, and why? 
 I've always liked Santa Barbara, CA because it has it all: beautiful beaches, tasty restaurants, great shopping, and a thriving art community.
6)Are you a cake or pie person?  
Pie!!!!  
7)If time, money, and kids were not a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I can't pick just one place!  I'd love to travel Europe.  
8)You are on a beautiful beach, warm sun and sand.  Are you most likely to build a sand castle, or swim in the ocean?  
I have no ocean swimming experience so I'd have to say build a sandcastle.  
9)What is your favorite book? 
  Methuselahs Children 1958.jpg  
Actually anything by Heinlein is great.  
10)What is your favorite type of food, Italian, Mexican, or Chinese?
  Mexican.  I make it at least once a week for dinner.  
11)What is your favorite drink?  
Bloody Mary is my favorite drink to order.  I like to make virgin Bloody Mary's at home.  I love spicy V-8 too.


The bloggers I'd like to tag are:

Amy @ Mo Momma
Bethany @ Sweet Bee Buzzings
Cat @ Minoaka Bebe
Donatella @ inspiration&realisation
June @ CreationsbyJune
Kasia @ Designs by Kasia
Kelly @ Blue Bird Sews
Merry @ MerryMade Cards and Crafts
PJ @ Seens From The Backs Of My Eyelids
Stephanie @ Toatie Studio Sewing Blog

Terrie @ Terrie~.~smiling.....


The 11 new questions I came up with are:

  1. How old do you feel?
  2. What's your favorite saying or quote?
  3. What's the ultimate craft item that you covet but will probably never own? 
  4. What's the best gift you've ever received?
  5. What's that song that always gets stuck in your head?
  6. How many times a day do you think about your blog?
  7. What do you eat for breakfast?
  8. Going to the theater or sitting at home to watch a movie?
  9. Do you own or plan to own an eReader (nook, kindle)?  
  10. Can you please describe your favorite thrift store or yard sale purchase?
  11. What recent craft trend are you excited about trying out?


We're all busy so I understand if you don't have the time to answer the questions I've posed for you.  I'd love to hear from the peanut gallery as well.  Please put your answers in the comment section.  It's fun to get to know people this way, don't you think?

Happy crafting and big hugs from Montana,


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I knew there was something I really like about you.... I'm head over heels addicted to Game of Thrones!! I'm on book 5 and nearing the end and don't want it to end. What book are you on? So much fun to learn more about you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite halfway thru the 3rd book. I love the series and don't want to rush through. Plus, I'm reading the epub books from the library so I've got to wait quite a while between books. If I let myself, I'd hole up on the couch for a few days and read the whole set nonstop. Truly, they are the best series I've read in years. So cool that we have this common!

      Delete
  2. Great job Rikka!! It is so fun getting to know bloggers a little bit better. I'll answer a couple of your questions.

    Most often I feel about 20, then I look around and see all my kids and then I feel about 60.:)

    We love to stay home to watch movies.

    My favorite yard sale find is my BLUE brother vintage sewing machine.

    Great questions. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know more about you. I love CA and Europe too. Wool felt to have watercolor painting effect is what I want to try. My breakfast usually cereal with milk. The song "Roses are Red" is always in my head these days. I prefer a threater then home sitting movie. The feel is much better.
    I spend aver. an hour in blogging. Your's is not to miss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your questions and I want to answer too!

    * How old do you feel?

    Thirty. Maybe even 28. Though I will be 34 in May. I also sometimes feel like I'm five :-D

    * What's your favorite saying or quote?

    "Waste not, want not"

    I am a great believer in this saying and I follow it in my everyday life. I believe that if we stop and think before we consume and waste and always feel we need more, we will lead a calmer cleaner more tranquil life. And we'll do wonders for the environment. Rather than asking yourself what you need, ask yourself what you don't need. I first saw this saying in a pizza place called "Uncle Sam's" in the USA, when I was about 8 years old. It was next to the straws and napkins. The place has closed and nobody remembers it but me!

    * What's the ultimate craft item that you covet but will probably never own?

    A fully hand-quilted quilt, like the amazing works made by the Amish.

    * What's the best gift you've ever received?

    I can't recall! :-( But I've received lovely gifts in my life that touched my heart.

    * What's that song that always gets stuck in your head?

    "Besame Mucho"

    * How many times a day do you think about your blog?

    Several... I would like to get back to blogging more.

    * What do you eat for breakfast?

    quaker oatmeal with honey, and a cup of coffee.

    * Going to the theater or sitting at home to watch a movie?

    I prefer sitting at home :-) But it's fun to go out once in a while, especially if the movie is really good.

    * Do you own or plan to own an eReader (nook, kindle)?

    I want a kindle but I don't really need one, so I'm not getting it.

    * Can you please describe your favorite thrift store or yard sale purchase?

    My friend Libby and I bought a ton of old 60's and 70's burda magazines, which was pretty cool.

    * What recent craft trend are you excited about trying out?

    I circle around the same stuff: quilting, typography, haute couture. I'd love to dive deeper into couture sewing again, especially with self-drafted patterns for a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I answered them all on my blog here http://toastiestudio.blogspot.com/2012/03/taggedblogger-style.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! No-reply commentors don't get to read my witty replies, and that's just sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...