Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Typography Challenge Entry

 Here we are in mid-March and I am done with my Typography Challenge project!  These pillows are going to be a wedding present for some dear friends.  I think the text is hilarious to me and oh so true!
I used reverse applique to make the letters.  I made a little reverse applique tutorial HERE.

I bordered the edges with thin strip of patchwork.  

The back sides are quilted patchwork.  I blogged about the patchwork HERE.


The Typography Challenge ends on March 31st.  If you would like to review the challenge guidelines and submit a project of your own check out the challenge homepage.  We have an inspirational pinterest board that all the participants have been working on as well.

I would love to hear you comments regarding these pillows and/or the Typography Challenge.  We have a super creative group of participants this time and an intriguing challenge so I'm really excited to see what everyone will come up with.

Happy crafting and big hugs from Montana,
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Rikka, you Rock these pillows! funny because one I saw the pin on the board I told my husband... i should pillows for us with these writings on!!! love them! and reverse appliqué??? girl... you really wanted to work hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillows are brilliant, I love the text, the patchwork back and quilting, the reverse applique. In fact I love everything about them. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!!! They are just fabulous, Rikka!!! Love the blue and white, the fonts and your reverse applique is so neat!!! The patchwork and quilting looks great, too. Top marks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome Rikka! You have done such an amazing job of them and then you showed the back and oh my goodness they are just superb!!! I love everything about them x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those pillows, they look awesome! I can see that you put so much work into them and I bet the folks you made them for will be delighted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about these pillows..they are gorgeous! :) Can I vote for you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Lots of lovely comments! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great! A perfect wedding gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw these a few days ago and wanted to say - they are gorgeous! I love them. I love the pale blue and how it works so well with the white. The letters (characters) are expertly made. The patchwork on the back is lovely. And the idea is really cute! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look store bought, seriously! I love all the texture the reverse applique gives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever...love these cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it turned out lovely!!
    I don't know if I prefer the front or back side :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! No-reply commentors don't get to read my witty replies, and that's just sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...