Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nadia's Typography Challenge Entry


Nadia is one of our newest recruits to the Typography Challenge.  She doesn't have a blog, but she does have a great facebook page for her business, The Pink Pixie.  This is what she had to say about her project:
My pillow set was inspired by a picture a friend had pinned on to her pinterest board titled “For Our Home”.  I wanted a truly unique wedding gift for her & her fiancé.  I’ve learned one of the great things about pinterest….knowing the perfect gift to get someone, as it’s kind of their very own “wish list”.  

I knew I wanted to do the houndstooth & chevron pillow covers along with something a bit more personalized.  It finally hit me, A2 (squared) would be perfect for them, being that both of their names start with “A”.  

So, I set out to find the perfect fabric, which wasn’t easy.  You’d think green houndstooth and chevron would be easy to find….not so much (in Nebraska anyway)!  Finally, thanks to a fun shop I discovered online http://www.texassusannie.comI was able to get the exact fabric I wanted.  I then picked up some white twill and green cotton fabric to match and set off to make what I think is a pretty cool wedding gift.  

I made very simple slipcovers with the houndstooth and chevron fabric to fit 18x18 pillow forms.  Then I sewed a 14x14 slipcover with the white twill, added the A2(squared) with a zigzag stitch and stuffed the pillows inside.  I’m a huge fan of personalized gifts for just about any occasion.  I just hope the “A”s love it as much as I do! Nadia 



3 comments:

  1. Did you all know green is my favorite color? I love these fun and bold pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love houndstooth fabric!!! The pillows look fabulous sitting there together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! No-reply commentors don't get to read my witty replies, and that's just sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...